Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cracked Nail Polish


I had a mani-pedi after months of keeping my nails bare. That's a lot of breathing time, if you ask me. Also, I got used to seeing them without color, especially at the times when I was drafting. I guess now I can have my nails painted since I won't be doing tedious things with my hands yet for the next few weeks.

Are you guys familiar with the cracked or crackle nail polish trend? It's basically the easiest nail art ever. All you have to do is apply a base coat, let it dry then apply a layer of Cracked nail polish and... it actually cracks! My friend, Kirby (the same guy who gave me the Mortal Kombat shirt from Hot Topic) gave me a bottle of L.A. Girl Cracked Nail Polish in Explode (GNL176) and only got to try it on my first mani-pedi session for this sem. I used a grey Orly polish as my base coat (since that was what Enza Katipunan had) then topped it off with the Cracked nail polish and was quite pleased with the results. I'm not exactly a fan of nail art but this type amused me because I like the deconstructed vibe the effect has and since the cracked design comes out randomly as you apply the coat of polish, it's interesting to watch the pattern form.

I kept my toes plain, though just to let them have the clean look. I apologize for showing you a photo of my not-so-attractive feet. I just wanted to show you the color they currently have painted on.

Photo Credit

There are other brands that offer Cracked or Crackle nail polish, like China Glaze, OPI, and Mia Secret, and their effect is closely similar.  I think I'll go around looking for other colors and brands, check what's readily available here in the Philippines, and keep experimenting with the cracked fun when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment