Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Chocolate and Peanuts

     I have been pretty busy lately with academic work that I have not had the time to blog. I spent my weekend working on my schematic site development plan for Design and studying for my third long exam in Math 53 which I took earlier today. I hope I pass that exam. Nothing eventful has happened so far. I have not been able to chill with my friends since last Thursday due to the pile of work we have been dealing with since we only have roughly a month left before the semester's over. The only highlight in the past few days was me being able to step into the Regic Center Building, that new building along Katipunan Avenue, last Sunday. That place has been crowded ever since it started operating. And how will it not be crowded? It houses Red Mango, Saint Alp's Teahouse, Bon Chon Chicken, and the Peanut Butter Company. People have been raving about Bon Chon Chicken and this is the main reason why the building is packed and why I don't visit the place. They say it's awesome chicken but I have yet to try it. Maybe, at the end of the month, when people will be frequenting the place less. It was still packed when I first visited the building so I decided to have lunch at Peanut Butter Company with my sister and mom after mass.

 Photo Credits: Trip Ko Lang

     I saw a huge photo of a burger with lots of peanut butter and I was thinking, they aren't serious about having everything with peanut butter, right? Wrong. My sister ordered barbecue buffalo wings and my mom ordered classic spaghetti and an oriental kani salad. All three orders had peanut butter. Even my Chili Fried Chicken Sandwich had peanut butter. Damn, they do love their peanut butter.

Photo Credits: Between Bites


Photo Credits: OpenRice 
Photo Credits: ClickTheCity

     I enjoyed my meal, to be honest, and I'm planning to go back to try their other stuff, especially that burger smothered in peanut butter. I'm quite adventurous when it comes to food so I wouldn't mind biting into something that has beef AND peanut butter. But, enough about PBCo. After lunch, we headed to Mom and Tina's Bakery Cafe to grab some sweets. My sister is a cupcake addict and also mentioned that they had the Beehive. For those who don't know, the Beehive is a chocolate cupcake with a towering icing swirl covered in chocolate on top. So, we decided to grab dessert to take home. Mom got Sugar-Free American Apple Pie for herself.

Photo Credits: Mom & Tina's Bakery Cafe




     Just look at that cute little bee! It looks like heaven, and it tastes like heaven. I'll definitely go back there for more. Regic Center Building, you are a blessing to Katipunan Avenue. I have to say this, I had a DQ Sandwich before eating my Beehive. Yes, there's Dairy Queen along Katipunan Avenue (finally!) and yes, I had an extreme calorie fest last Sunday because I felt like I deserved to treat myself after not going out and staying home insteaad to do my homework. I like treating myself with food. I get guilty after but when I can't shop, I go for awesome food. Everyone's allowed a cheat day, right? Let's just say I abuse my cheat days due to academic stress. I am trying to discipline myself, though. I definitely need help with that, especially if I want to look great by the semestral break. What's a girl to do when food = love but food = weight gain as well?

Photo Credits: The craving project


No comments:

Post a Comment