Thursday, February 17, 2011

Single But Not Alone, Unattached But Not Lonely

Valentines has got to be one of the cheesiest days that ever existed on the calendar. Yesterday, while I was on my way to Makati, I encountered a lot of people bringing more than just bags and planners. Men bringing bouquets, women carrying either pink teddy bears or stems of red roses, and almost everyone having at least one item of red clothing on them. Yes, Filipinos take Valentines seriously, especially the ones who are in relationships. I have not been receiving flowers since I was in grade school. Heck, I haven't been receiving any Valentine gift since grade school (Correct me if I'm wrong, people). Well, until 9:30pm of Saturday. A friend (who asked A LOT of help from my lovely baby, Kacy) came to the condo bearing gifts. How cute. Based on the gifts given, Kacy was a great wingwoman (as she would put it) and the guy followed her advice.


     It was embarrassing for me to pass by the guard that night with a huge teddy bear, the biggest teddy bear that has been given to, and a box of chocolates. It was more embarrassing for me to enter our unit and to be seen by my sister and mom because they started bombarding me with questions. By the end of the night, mom asked me why I wasn't given flowers. I told her that the guy asked Kacy about what I thought of flowers and I said I don't appreciate flowers because they just die. She kept justifying the romance brought about by a bouquet of flowers and I just kept insisting that they die and it's a waste. I remember getting roses for Prom from my date and, even if I did appreciate them, I already anticipated how it would look as it starts to wither in the next few days. I appreciate what I got for this year, though. The teddy currently sits atop the television. I still have to name it. I didn't name the numerous teddy bears I got back in high school but that's because I never was into them before. Teddy bears were the go-to gift given my boys. That or flowers. My college teddy, though, which I got from The Heat at Shangri-la ended up with a name. I named it Gemini. It's currently with my ex-bestfriend, though and I still want him back because Gemini was really cute. 

     My Valentines started earlier than expected. Still, it's nice to know that I have sweet friends. I have to thank Kacy for being a wingwoman. She knew exactly what I wanted, down to the kind of chocolates I enjoy. :))

     I mentioned earlier that I was on my way to Makati in the morning. It was because I had to meet with Nino so that I could accompany him to Holcim for a meeting with Ms. Cortez. We were supposed to go there with Ian, Michelle, and Francis but none of them showed up, so I started my Valentines Day with a Holcim date with Nino Ricardo. Hahaha. It was a fruitful and interesting morning and we decided to part ways after reaching Trinoma since he had a date with his laptop and design and I had to get home and grab something to eat. I did a little windowshopping first, though. It's Valentines, might as well treat myself since I was already at the mall. 



     For dinner, my high school buds and I decided to have dinner in Rockwell. You don't need a "special someone" to rock your Valentines. You just need awesome friends and you'll get by. We had dinner at Burgoo then went to The Ice Cream Bar for, well, ice cream.




<3
     At Burgoo, one of the waiters changed the channel on the tv, which was mounted on the wall, and it landed on a channel that was showing The Ugly Truth. Now, I have had the biggest crush on Gerard Butler because of this movie. I practically want to pounce on him if given the chance. He is THAT HOT. I texted two Arki friends about it just because I couldn't contain myself. One of them was my clone/girlfriend, Keilah Rodriguez. She agrees that indeed, Butler is one hot man. I decided to stray away from my Butler thoughts later on through the night to tend to other things like random pictorials with my buddies, fireworks, and dessert at The Ice Cream Bar. My Valentines was already complete so far and it was just 11pm. We all decided to get home before midnight due to dorm curfews (and my probationary status since I got grounded). I immediately logged into Facebook and to my surprise, Keilah gave me her Valentine gift, a photo of a butt-naked Gerard Butler.


     Now, don't get me wrong, he is hot butt-naked or semi-naked but I had a crush on him when he was FULLY CLOTHED. But, I appreciated the effort of Keilah, for putting a personal stamp on her last minute gift to moi, her long distance and unattached girlfriend. I got love all the way from Davao! Sweet.

Happy Valentines/Single Awareness/Independence Day to everyone. I hope no one was lonely because loneliness is not an option when there's always the choice to be happy. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment