Sunday, November 6, 2011

Back-to-School Essentials

We're saying hello to a brand new semester! I don't know if this sem's hell weeks will just be as heavy as last semester's but I'm pretty sure this one will be eventful. I'm going to be on 20 units this sem so I'm expecting a pretty tight schedule every week and I know I would need more time to focus on my academics and school activities than on what to wear to school, so I've come up with a list of my Top 10 Back-to-School Essentials (I'm also fond of making lists, mind you).








Basics


  1. Plain V-necks 
  2. I swear by these when it comes to my "school uniform." V-necks are very comfortable, not to mention versatile. You can wear them with anything, from jeans to skirts, and they never seem to get old. They are wardrobe staples and I've actually added a few V-necks into my collection for this sem.
  3. Big bag 
  4. With all the things I bring to school, I'd need one to fit all of them in.
  5. Comfortable footwear
  6. I'd need durable and comfortable footwear that would get me through the day with all the walking I do in UP. Hello ballet flats and Sanuk slip-ons.
  7. Cardigans
  8. You can never go wrong with one. Pair it with a tank top, jeans, or shorts, a cardigan would be a cute element to any outfit, not to mention keep you cozy when you're in an air-conditioned room or when you don't want to show too much skin.
  9. Accessories, accessories, accessories
  10. They spice up any plain and boring outfit. Nuff said.
  11. Denim shorts
  12. I need more of these. You can never go wrong with them.
  13. The Body Shop's Extra Virgin Minerals loose powder foundation
  14. I thank my mom for introducing this product to me. I swore off pressed powder after trying this. It's just what I need when I'm in a hurry and have no time for concealer or messy sunscreen (I NEVER have time for those. I'm not kikay enough) 
  15. Laptop bag
  16. I threw my ratty old laptop bag in Davao and took one of my dad's laptop backpacks. It's roomy and is perfect for days when I need to work on things from school. Instead of going home during my breaks, I choose to stay in Arki and work there during long breaks, so bringing my laptop to school is really helpful.
  17. Planner
  18. I think I have slight OCD. I constantly have to make lists or write down all my plans for the upcoming days. I developed this system when I was juggling acads, org, and council duties, not to mention the usual chill sessions with friends. A planner keeps me focused and comes in handy when my stress and memory loss kicks in.
  19. Friends 
  20. Swear, this is what kept me going on days when stress seemed to bring me down. It's good to have people around when you're feeling frazzled and low. Be it during chill inuman sessions or group studies, friends will always make everything better.
Sagada, 2010 (Photo Credit)

No comments:

Post a Comment